Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and love is in the air! But, unfortunately this year, Valentine’s Day is on a weekday. So, unless you are a truly dedicated romantic taking the day off, you will most likely end up spending the day of love in office, like the rest of us. Sad but true!
Now we know what you are thinking - this year’s Valentine’s Day is going to be a waste! No way! With a little bit of imagination and our last-minute suggestions, you can make the day special and fun even at your workplace! Gather your colleagues and coordinate with them to schedule any (or all!) of the following ideas to have an inexpensive and memorable Valentine’s Day in office.
However, before you plan anything, make sure you are not affecting the culture and work ethics of your company or anyone’s work. Also, ensure that you are taking care of your meetings – why not use a digital meeting app instead of attending them in person. This will save you time for the celebrations and will also ensure business performs as usual.
Let’s explore how you can make your Valentine’s Day special in office:
- Play Secret Cupid: We know that every year you play Secret Santa at office. But this time, you can arrange a fun activity where all team members draw a name and secretly leave that person treats in the days leading up to Valentine’s Day. On the last day, each person must guess who their Secret Cupid was. This will be like celebrating Christmas all over with a dose of love for Valentine’s Day.
- Decorate your workspace: Get everyone involved in decorating the office for Valentine’s Day. Have each employee bring in different items like streamers, balloons, and anything else related to the special day. On the actual day of love, organise a fun photo shoot with the team and the decorated office as the backdrop – ensure everyone floods their social media with the great pics!
- Hold a fun contest: You can organise a fun contest of sharing the most interesting love stories or maybe a singing contest. Prizes could be movie tickets, a box of chocolates, a romantic Valentine's dinner for two, or a bouquet of red roses – stuff that would be great for just about anyone.
- Distribute chocolates: Have a jar filled up with Hershey's kisses and share among your colleagues or you can keep the jar at the break area. Surprise anyone you or your team think/s the best dressed for the day!
- Dress to impress: Although Fridays are the typical casual dressing day, make an exception this Valentine’s Day. Dress a bit fancier than usual. You can also decide on Valentine’s Day themed colours or pin a red rose to the suits and dresses!
- Convene digitally: Why not use a digital meeting solution for yourself and the team? Use a smart digital meeting app to save time with features that allows you to build an agenda quickly, add documents and rearrange items by dragging and dropping, collaborate, review and approve documents before distributing them and much more! Why? Well, so you can have more time to plan a perfect evening for your valentine.
This short but sweet list is by no means exhaustive – these will surely encourage you to come up with more ideas and get the creative juices flowing. Start planning now to ensure you celebrate the day or even the week ahead with great ideas that can be customised for your work environment.
Happy Valentine’s Day!